Sat, 25th March 2017
Every weekend we see hundreds of hikers, with their dogs, enjoying our world class country parks. As dog owners we know that our dogs, are part of the family and we know when it comes to fun inclusive and activities, we are often limited. We are very excited to bring Trailwagger to the outdoor community of Hong Kong. Hikers and furry companions can take part in an organised dog hike with other dog owners, ending with a beer, burger and a nice bowl of water in Tai Tam country park.
We have a selected a fun route – from Parkview to Tai Tam Reservoir, which is dog and family friendly with beautiful scenic views.
Start: Parkview (tbc)
Route: Parkview to Tai Tam (via Tsz Lo Lan Shan Path).
Distance: Approx. 8km
WE will have prizes for the first to complete the trial from the following categories:
Small – >8kg
Medium – 8-16kg
Large – 16-24kg
Huge – 24kg+
Trailwagger is not just a fun hike with the family and dogs, but also a fund raising activity for our nominated charity. This year, we have nominated Animals Asia. Once you have registered to Trailwagger, every participant is required to fund raise and make a minimum donation to Animals Asia. This is SEPARATE from your race registration fee (which you pay when you register by credit card). This should be done before collecting your race pack (race pack collection is 10th – 20th Marchl from our retail partner stores (Action X ).
Minimum donation to Trailwaggers nominated charity:
Adults: HK$150 and each child (under 14) HK$75. Thank you.
A/C Name: Animals Asia Foundation Limited, 1 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong
HSBC Hong Kong, A/C#: 400-529004-838
SWIFT CODE: HSBCHKHHHKH
We don’t like excessive rules as much as anyone, however, this is Hong Kong and we need to work within the system. Trailwagger is still a new event, and we will show the relevant authorities, that we are responsible and large scale dog events are not a nuisance or a cause for complaint. Regardless of our planning, the fate and future of Trailwagger is in your hands. Small complaints make loud noise. We respectfully ask to you to read below, and strictly adhere to this. If you have any issues, manage them in the least fuss possible – even if someone is not doing the same back to you. Not every member of the public likes dogs – and that is their right. Trailwagger repects this, and will ensure our participants do to. Any breach of the below may result in black listing from our future events. Please respect our marshals with any directions that they give – even if on the surface it seems overly petty.
1) Maintain control of your dogs at all times.
2) All dogs will be checked for an up-to-date micro chip. Without this, you will not be able to part take – please check.
3) Dog should be be kept on a lead in urban/built up areas.
4) Only let your dog off the lead if you are fully in control of them. This means, that they will come back to you upon your request.
4) All dog mess should be cleared away.
5) Respect any other users of the trail, and give them priority to pass.
6) Respect local residents and keep your noise down passing any dwellings/built up areas.
7) For dogs over 20kg a maximum of one per participant.
8) In the event of your dog biting/or being bitten by another dog or any other event incident, please let the organisers know. We do not accept liability, and any issues should be settled between affected parties directly.
9) No aggressive dogs allowed to take part.
1) Confirmation will be issued upon receipt of full payment of registration fee. Participants agree to raise a minimum sponsorship (in addition to the race registration fee) of $150 per adult and $75 per child (under 14) which will be collected at race pack pick up between 2nd – 10th April at either Action X OR Lantau Base Camp retail stores. Participants who do not raise the minimum sponsorship amount will not be permitted to participate in the race and will forfeit their registration fee. Participants can make change their registration details until the April 1st 2016. Changes will not be accepted after this time. Entry fees are non-refundable. 2) The organizer reserves the right to alter the Trailwagger route. Participants are advised to check event website time to time to check latest information. Participants are responsible to familiarize themselves with the route in training runs. The organizer accepts no responsibility for participants who do not follow the correct race trail. 3) Participants accept hiking with dogs has inherent risk of injury. The organisers or affiliates accepts no responsibility whatsoever of participants or dogs including death or injury. All participants must ensure that they and their dogs are physically fit to participate in the race and are up-to-date on their vaccinations. By submitting his or her entry, each applicant agrees to obey and accept all the terms and conditions of participation and will need to sign a participation waiver form on the race day to join the race. 4) The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event in the case of force majeur incidents without prejudice.